|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 4:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 1:45 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - An elderly woman died after a fire broke out in her Gulf coast area home.
The woman was treated at the scene and then hospitalized with serious life threatening injuries, according to authorities. She later died at the hospital.
Crews battled the Wednesday morning blaze for less than an hour.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba