|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 3:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2010 10:56 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - On Tuesday, September 28, 2010, at approximately 8:10 p.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a shooting. The incident occurred in the area of Duera Mae Drive and Hagie Drive in the Harlem Heights community of Lee County, Florida. Deputies responded to the scene.
The victim has been identified as Claude Emory Sewell III, white male, DOB 11-4-75, of 134 Driftwood Lane, Fort Myers Beach. Detectives confirm the victim was shot, although the official cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner.
Preliminary information from neighbors indicated shots had been heard in the immediate vicinity. As residents gathered outside, a white, pick-up truck was found in the front yard of a home. Inside the vehicle was a white male, who appeared to have been shot. Citizens attempted life saving efforts until EMS arrived on scene. Efforts to revive the man were unsuccessful.
Deputies secured the area and detectives with the Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit arrived to continue the homicide investigation. Crime Scene technicians with the Sheriff's Office Forensics Unit are collecting and documenting evidence and the victim will be released to the District 21 Medical Examiner. An autopsy will be performed to confirm cause of death.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge