|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 5:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2010 7:34 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The informant says local chiropractor Kimberly Alters approached him to kill her husband for a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
He spoke to us to talk about why he helped deputies put the chiropractor behind bars.
"All I am is simply a patient that minded his own business," said the informant.
It was a routine doctor's appointment at Renaissance Wellness. He was talking with Kimberly Alters about plans to buy a motorcycle when the conversation took a dark turn.
"Out of the clear blue, she came out and said if you kill my husband, I'll give you his Harley," he said.
He brushed it off until Alters told him she already had somebody waiting in the wings who was ready to do the job.
"My heart just sank that that could even be considered by her," he said.
He went straight to police. He hoped she was joking, but cops didn't take a chance.
" They said let's get you wired up, make sure she's not gonna do this," he explained.
That's when the patient turned into a confidential informant. He set up meetings while authorities watched and recorded everything Alters said and did.
"From that point on, it was how to bring a plan together to make that happen. To have her out of town, her kids out of town," he said.
Deputies gave him his final assignment. He asked her to bring a photograph of her husband and money for a gun.
"She brought an 8 by 10 photo, the money, and there was an undercover officer with me," he said.
That's when they made the arrest. It shocked friends and coworkers of the well-known chiropractor. It even surprised the man who helped put her behind bars.
"She's a lovely person, shes been a wonderful doctor to me for years. It's completely out of character," he said.
He wishes he never had to get involved. But once she made the offer, he says he had no choice.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash