|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 4:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 1:26 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County Utilities reports a precautionary boil water notice due to a 16" water main break.
The following area is affected: Both sides of U.S. 41 from Del Prado Boulevard north to Herons Glen including the following subdivisions: Herons Glen, Pine Lakes, Tara Woods, Del Tura Country Club, Carefree Village and Del Tura Shopping Plaza.
Approximately 3,500 customers are affected.
As a precaution, all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes should be boiled at a rolling boil for one minute, or as an alternative, bottled water may be used. This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological test shows that the water is safe to drink. Test results will take approximately 48-72 hours.
Please call 533-8575 after 4:30 p.m. October 1, 2010 and each day thereafter as needed to get the current status of the boil water notice.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday