|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 4:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 1:26 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County Utilities reports a precautionary boil water notice due to a 16" water main break.
The following area is affected: Both sides of U.S. 41 from Del Prado Boulevard north to Herons Glen including the following subdivisions: Herons Glen, Pine Lakes, Tara Woods, Del Tura Country Club, Carefree Village and Del Tura Shopping Plaza.
Approximately 3,500 customers are affected.
As a precaution, all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes should be boiled at a rolling boil for one minute, or as an alternative, bottled water may be used. This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological test shows that the water is safe to drink. Test results will take approximately 48-72 hours.
Please call 533-8575 after 4:30 p.m. October 1, 2010 and each day thereafter as needed to get the current status of the boil water notice.
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent