|Published:||Sep 29, 2010 3:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 29, 2010 12:39 PM EDT|
MULBERRY, Fla. (AP) - A 19-year-old woman killed in a Polk County crash that sent five others to the hospital has been identified.
The sheriff's office says Heather Michelle Layton was a passenger in a Ford Explorer that crashed Tuesday morning. The driver of the car and two other passengers are listed in critical condition in the hospital. A fourth passenger is in stable condition.
The driver of the second car involved in the crash is in serious condition.
Authorities say the driver of the Explorer, 19-year-old Timothy Hammock, crossed a double yellow line and passed a car that was in front of him. When Hammock got in the other lane, the Explorer fishtailed out of control and entered the other lane, crashing head-on into the pickup truck.
The case remains under investigation.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present