|Published:||Sep 28, 2010 3:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2010 12:50 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities are investigating the death of a man who was struck and killed by a car on a major Miami expressway after arguing with a taxi driver.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the unidentified passenger in the cab was involved in a fight with the driver early Tuesday morning while traveling on the Palmetto Expressway. The man then got out of the cab and was hit by another car.
No further information about the accident was immediately released. The taxi driver is cooperating with authorities.
The investigation caused early morning delays and backups on the expressway that stretched for miles in both directions.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.