|Published:||Sep 28, 2010 11:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2010 8:19 PM EDT|
SHALIMAR, Fla. (AP) - A Destin man has been sentenced to just more than 40 years in prison for a drunken boat crash that left three people dead.
An Okaloosa County judge sentenced Augusta Frederick Kennedy on Monday to three 13 1/2-year terms, which will run consecutively. A jury found Kennedy guilty in July of three counts of BUI manslaughter.
Authorities say Kennedy's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit in September 2009 when he crashed his boat into another vessel carrying four people, three of whom were killed.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales