|Published:||Sep 28, 2010 11:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2010 8:18 PM EDT|
TALLAHASASEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida's investment chief says the state retirement fund is one of the nation's healthiest.
Ash Williams' report Tuesday to Gov. Charlie Crist and two Cabinet members who oversee the fund contrasts with an ad by the Republican Party of Florida suggesting state pensions are at risk.
The ad is aimed at Democratic gubernatorial candidate Alex Sink, who sits on the board as Florida's chief financial officer.
She fired back saying her Republican rival, Rick Scott, who approved the ad, has been irresponsible by "scaring our retirees."
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story