|Published:||Sep 28, 2010 3:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2010 11:16 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla. - A shocking find outside a Golden Gate Estates home. Residents found a black bear lying motionless in a pond.
The veterinarian that worked on the nearly 300 pound bear says he suffered a puncture wound to his lung and several broken ribs.
The injuries were originally thought to come from a gun shot. However, after a closer look, Dr. Jeff Noble believes the bear was struck by a car or truck.
It took nearly three hours on the operating table to close up the wounds, but the bear is not out of the woods yet. His biggest challenge over the next few days will be infection and waking up to a caged environment.
The bear is recuperating at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning