|Published:||Sep 28, 2010 9:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2010 6:22 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Dr. Jeffrey Nobles, a veterinarian with the St. Francis Animal Clinic in Naples, performed surgery on the injured bear removed from a property in Golden Gates Estates in Naples Monday.
He examined the bear today at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic. The bear showed no signs of improvement and was suffering from the injuries.
Dr. Nobles, in consultation with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission biologists and staff from the Conservancy, determined the most humane decision would be to euthanize the bear. As a result, the bear was euthanized Tuesday.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate