|Published:||Sep 28, 2010 3:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2010 12:44 PM EDT|
TAMARAC, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say ten people were killed in three different murder-suicides that rocked South Florida on the same day.
Shortly after 2 a.m. Monday, Riviera Beach police say 41-year-old Patrick Dell killed his estranged wife and four stepchildren before killing himself.
Hours later, 39-year-old Lena Mitiledessalines was found dead in her Lauderdale Lakes home where authorities say she moved to from the Philadelphia area to escape an abusive relationship. Her former boyfriend's body was discovered on the ground with a handgun nearby.
The Sun Sentinel and Palm Beach Post report that authorities later found an unidentified married couple dead inside their Tamarac home after conducting a welfare check. The husband had written in a letter saying he intended to kill them.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida