|Published:||Sep 27, 2010 3:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2010 12:58 PM EDT|
ISLAMORADA, Fla. (AP) - An Islamorada woman is charged with battery for allegedly hitting her husband with a golf cart after she suspected he was having an affair.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened about 10 p.m. Saturday when 41-year-old Anna Marie Reckwerdt confronted her husband at their marina business, where he was sitting with a woman who manages a neighboring restaurant.
Authorities say Reckwerdt struck her husband in the head, cutting him with her ring, then followed him in a golf cart as he walked away. She's accused of ramming him with the cart and knocking him over.
The woman is charged with battery and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference