|Published:||Sep 27, 2010 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2010 12:36 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A man trimming trees in Tampa is dead after an accident involving a wood chipper.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says the worker was pronounced dead about 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Authorities say the man was feeding bundles of tree branches into the chipper when he became entangled in rope wrapped around the branches. He fought being pulled into the wood chipper, but the sheriff's office says the force of the rope caused fatal injuries.
The man was not pulled into the chipper.
His name has not yet been released.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake