|Published:||Sep 27, 2010 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2010 12:36 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A man trimming trees in Tampa is dead after an accident involving a wood chipper.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says the worker was pronounced dead about 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Authorities say the man was feeding bundles of tree branches into the chipper when he became entangled in rope wrapped around the branches. He fought being pulled into the wood chipper, but the sheriff's office says the force of the rope caused fatal injuries.
The man was not pulled into the chipper.
His name has not yet been released.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project