|Published:||Sep 27, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2010 2:15 PM EDT|
VALRICO, Fla. (AP) - A 41-year-old man was shot and killed in front of his 8-year-old daughter during a neighborhood dispute.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies say Garrett James was playing basketball with his daughter on Sunday when a neighbor started to complain about kids skateboarding in the area.
James defended the skateboarders and the two men got into an argument. Officers said the neighbor - whose name is not being released - shot James, who died while his daughter watched.
Deputies arrested the neighbor and released him without being charged.
Sheriff's detectives and the State Attorney's Office were still conducting interviews and processing evidence in the case.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling