|Published:||Sep 27, 2010 10:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2010 5:32 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral business is fighting back. Mary Ann Evans, the owner of Leapin' Lizard put up a sign outside her restaurant reminding people of their First Amendment right: Freedom of speech.
Evans spoke out last week in support of pay cuts for city workers.
She says the city is going bankrupt and city workers need to understand. Since she spoke out, she said city workers are telling everyone to boycott her restaurant.
"The city workers sent around a boycott my business because I dared to speak out. The first right in this country is freedom of speech."
Evans is looking into legal action if the so called boycott continues. She also says all tax payers are entitled to a discount at her restaurant until election day since they are the one's who aren't getting break.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft