|Published:||Sep 25, 2010 3:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2010 12:23 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A 13-year-old boy turns himself into the Naples Jail tonight, suspected of killing his own mother.
It happened late last month in the high end community of Fiddler's Creek.
Deputies say 39-year-old Kelly Rowles was found dead inside her house, sitting in a living room chair with a gunshot wound to the head.
At the time, the Sheriff's Office was calling it an accidental shooting, but continued to investigate the cause.
Rowles 13-year-old son turned himself into the jail shortly after 5 p.m. Friday. The teen is being charged with manslaughter.
WINK News will continue to follow this developing story.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire
- Lehigh double murder suspect who fled will return to SWFL
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.