|Published:||Sep 24, 2010 8:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2010 3:11 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla -- Advisory from Lee County Sheriff's Office: Both east and westbound Corkscrew Road is currently closed at Bella Terra Blvd. due to a traffic accident.
According to fire crews on the scene, a tanker truck collided with a BMW. The driver of the BMW, a 17 year old, was flown to the hospital by medical helicopter.
The tanker truck was carrying water with some type of chemical in it. Hazmat crews are on the scene trying to figure out what that chemical is and whether it poses any threat to the public.
Trust WINK News to keep you updated on this developing story.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby