|Published:||Sep 24, 2010 1:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2010 10:49 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla- A Fort Myers police officer is charged with domestic violence for an alleged assault on a former girlfriend.
A Spokesperson for FMPD says officer Joseph Martinez is under arrest for domestic battery by strangulation and domestic violence battery. Investigators allege Officer Martinez got into an arguement with his former girlfriend on Wednesday.
The seven year veteran was arrested at police headquarters and taken to the Lee County Jail. The case is being forwarded to prosecutors. Chief Doug Baker says, "this is not the conduct we expect from one of our officers." Martinez is on administrative leave pending the outcome of both the criminal and internal affairs investigation.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday