|Published:||Sep 24, 2010 1:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2010 10:51 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-You've probably heard of getting the cold shoulder, but what about the hot one? Mike Drumm, General Manager of Gold's Gym in Cape Coral and Fort Myers and Trainer Tracy Sewell show us a quick four-step workout that will have you showing off your hot shoulders.
Step One: Dumbbell Front Raise - Four sets of 12 reps
Standing, hold dumbbells in front of you with your palms facing your legs. Keep your elbows and knees slightly bent as you raise your arms straight in front of you to shoulder level. Slowly return to the starting position.
Dumbbell lateral raise - four sets of 12 reps
Standing, hold dumbbells with your palms facing each other. Keep your elbows and knees slightly bent as you raise your arms out to your sides in wide arcs to about shoulder level. Slowly return to the starting position.
Bent Lateral Raise - Four sets of 12 reps
Standing, hold dumbbells with your palms facing each other. Bend your torso forward, forming a 45-degree angle with the ground. Let the dumbbells hang down in front of you. With your elbows slightly bent, raise dumbbells up and out to the sides until they are parallel to the ground. As you lift the weights, focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together. Slowly return to the starting position.
Military Press -- Four sets of 12 reps
Sitting, raise dumbbells to shoulder level with palms facing out and your elbows bent and pulled into your sides. Press the weights up and toward each other as you straighten your arms, keeping a slight bend in your elbows at the top. Slowly bring down and return to the starting position.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges