|Published:||Sep 23, 2010 7:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2010 4:48 PM EDT|
NICEVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Panhandle deputy is recovering after accidentally shooting himself.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office says Sgt. Donald Lee Savage was cleaning his police-issued firearm on Wednesday at his Niceville home when the weapon fired.
Savage was struck in the knee and taken to Twin Cities Hospital.
Maj. Graham Fountain said Savage was in good condition and that it appears to have been an accidental shooting.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico