|Published:||Sep 23, 2010 7:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2010 4:57 PM EDT|
ALLENTOWN, Fla. (AP) - The bodies of a man and a woman were found off a road in northwest Florida, but authorities aren't saying yet how the victims were killed.
A motorist called the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office Wednesday after seeing blood on the Allentown road and the feet of one of the victims.
It was initially thought the deaths were traffic-related, but Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Scott Haines says evidence at the scene determined it was not. No further information was immediately released.
Earlier this week, two women were fatally shot in their home in nearby Escambia County. Investigators believe the women were killed during a home invasion. No arrests have been made.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week