|Published:||Sep 22, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. (AP) - Charges have not yet been filed in the crash that injured a Temple Terrace police officer.
Police say Officer Tim Crocker was stopped at a red light Tuesday when he spotted a car across the intersection making an illegal turn. When Crocker turned on his emergency lights and pulled into the intersection, an SUV crashed into his cruiser.
Crocker was taken to the hospital, but the extent of his injuries is not yet known. The driver of the SUV was not injured but her passenger was taken to the hospital with unreported injuries.
Temple Terrace is in Hillsborough County, about eight miles north of Tampa.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend