|Published:||Sep 22, 2010 4:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2010 1:19 PM EDT|
DAVENPORT, Fla. (AP) - A Polk County homeowner reportedly shot two teen burglars but was then charged with drug possession.
The sheriff's office reports 37-year-old Jose Luis Oyola-Aponte's wife woke early Tuesday morning to the sound of a breaking window and saw two men standing in the bedroom. The woman woke Oyola-Aponte, who grabbed a handgun and shot the two teens.
One man was shot in the head and the other in the torso. The homeowners were unhurt. Two other teens were arrested at the scene.
The two wounded teen were taken to a local hospital. The teen shot in the head was in critical condition, but the other was stable.
Oyola-Aponte was arrested and charged with possession of narcotics. Authorities don't plan to charge him for the shooting.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41