|Published:||Sep 22, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2010 1:13 PM EDT|
PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) - A man doing electrical work at a Port Orange warehouse was reportedly killed when he touched a live wire.
The fire marshal reports that 59-year-old Wade Leonard Madole was working in the parking lot of NorthStar U.S. Food Service Monday. He and another man were taking apart the bases of light poles when Madole grabbed a bare wire and was electrocuted.
Officials say the other man was shocked when he tried to help Madole, but he should recover.
Northstar employees tried to revive Madole after he went into the full cardiac arrest. Firefighters transported Madole to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776