|Published:||Sep 22, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A registered sexual offender is under arrest for failing to register his new address with law enforcement.
Acting on a tip, members of the Lee County Sheriff's Office Sexual Offender/Predator Unit caught up with Ralph Wilson, DOB 12-31-84, in North Fort Myers. Wilson had reported to the Lee County Sheriff's Office back in May that he was permanently leaving the state of Florida and relocating to an address in Boaz, Alabama. But an investigation revealed that Wilson had returned to the area from Alabama on a Greyhound bus about three weeks ago and had not registered his new address.
Wilson was qualified as a sexual offender in 2007 following a conviction for attempted rape in North Carolina.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire