|Published:||Sep 22, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A registered sexual offender is under arrest for failing to register his new address with law enforcement.
Acting on a tip, members of the Lee County Sheriff's Office Sexual Offender/Predator Unit caught up with Ralph Wilson, DOB 12-31-84, in North Fort Myers. Wilson had reported to the Lee County Sheriff's Office back in May that he was permanently leaving the state of Florida and relocating to an address in Boaz, Alabama. But an investigation revealed that Wilson had returned to the area from Alabama on a Greyhound bus about three weeks ago and had not registered his new address.
Wilson was qualified as a sexual offender in 2007 following a conviction for attempted rape in North Carolina.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community