|Published:||Sep 22, 2010 4:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2010 1:05 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Gov. Charlie Crist - a former Republican running as an independent for the U.S. Senate - has named a key supporter of Democratic President Barack Obama - to a key legal position.
Crist on Tuesday selected prominent Tallahassee attorney Don Hinkle to serve a four-year term on the judicial nominating commission for the state's 2nd circuit. Hinkle replaces Ken Sukhia on the board which recommends nominees for openings on the bench.
Hinkle was an early supporter and major fundraiser for Obama's successful 2008 presidential run.
Crist also appointed Tallahassee attorney Linda Bond and Randolph Murrell, who is with the federal public defender's office in Tallahassee, to the 2nd circuit nominating commission.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids