|Published:||Sep 22, 2010 7:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2010 4:09 PM EDT|
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - Port St. Lucie's mayor has been arrested on charges that she deposited some campaign funds into her personal account.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement on Wednesday said they arrested 53-year-old Patricia Christensen after she turned herself in to the local jail. Authorities say she is charged with one count of official misconduct for falsification of an official record or document and one count of disposition of surplus funds by a candidate.
A jail official said she was released on a total bond amount of $3,000.
FDLE says an analysis of campaign records showed that on at least two occasions, Christensen wrote a check to herself from campaign funds.
It was not immediately known if she had an attorney.
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free