|Published:||Sep 21, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - A 21-year-old central Florida woman who was shot trying to break up a fight between her brother and another man has died.
Bartow police say Vershontis Bradley died Monday morning at a Lakeland hospital. The 28-year-old man suspected of pulling the trigger is being sought.
Police say Bradley was in a park Friday night when a fight broke out between her 19-year-old brother and the other man. She tried to intervene and was shot once in the upper torso.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community