|Published:||Sep 21, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - A 21-year-old central Florida woman who was shot trying to break up a fight between her brother and another man has died.
Bartow police say Vershontis Bradley died Monday morning at a Lakeland hospital. The 28-year-old man suspected of pulling the trigger is being sought.
Police say Bradley was in a park Friday night when a fight broke out between her 19-year-old brother and the other man. She tried to intervene and was shot once in the upper torso.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776