|Published:||Sep 21, 2010 4:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2010 1:09 PM EDT|
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Democratic Party says including a Republican candidate's Social Security number in a flier was an "oversight."
The Palm Beach Post reported Monday that the mailer echoes television ads run by the campaign of U.S. Rep. Ron Klein, a Democrat from Boca Raton. It included Republican challenger Allen West's Social Security number. Although not specifically labeled as his personal information, West's campaign says there's no mistaking what it was.
Klein's spokeswoman says the mailer was from the state's Democratic Party and "they have made clear they will take appropriate action to rectify the situation."
The Florida Democratic Party spokesman called the inclusion of West's Social Security number an "oversight" in a statement that included an apology.
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'