|Published:||Sep 21, 2010 4:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2010 1:09 PM EDT|
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Democratic Party says including a Republican candidate's Social Security number in a flier was an "oversight."
The Palm Beach Post reported Monday that the mailer echoes television ads run by the campaign of U.S. Rep. Ron Klein, a Democrat from Boca Raton. It included Republican challenger Allen West's Social Security number. Although not specifically labeled as his personal information, West's campaign says there's no mistaking what it was.
Klein's spokeswoman says the mailer was from the state's Democratic Party and "they have made clear they will take appropriate action to rectify the situation."
The Florida Democratic Party spokesman called the inclusion of West's Social Security number an "oversight" in a statement that included an apology.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students