|Published:||Sep 21, 2010 4:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2010 1:09 PM EDT|
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Democratic Party says including a Republican candidate's Social Security number in a flier was an "oversight."
The Palm Beach Post reported Monday that the mailer echoes television ads run by the campaign of U.S. Rep. Ron Klein, a Democrat from Boca Raton. It included Republican challenger Allen West's Social Security number. Although not specifically labeled as his personal information, West's campaign says there's no mistaking what it was.
Klein's spokeswoman says the mailer was from the state's Democratic Party and "they have made clear they will take appropriate action to rectify the situation."
The Florida Democratic Party spokesman called the inclusion of West's Social Security number an "oversight" in a statement that included an apology.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions