|Published:||Sep 20, 2010 3:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2010 12:58 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have recovered the body of man who fell off a personal watercraft and drowned in a Palm Beach County lake.
The man and another person fell off the water scooter Saturday evening on Lake Osborne. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says neither of them were wearing life jackets.
The Palm Beach Post says one person was saved but the friends said they did not see the victim resurface.
Authorities used sonar to locate his body almost six hours after the accident.
The victim's name has not been released pending notification of relatives.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students