|Published:||Sep 17, 2010 4:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2010 1:51 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Three Palm Beach County agencies will investigate the mistaken release of three alleged gang members from jail.
The State Attorney's Office, the Sheriff's Office and the Clerk of Court will meet Friday and have 30 days to release their findings.
The three alleged gang members were charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, racketeering and other offenses.
Authorities said the three were mistakenly released on Aug. 17 when new paperwork was filed to reword the racketeering charges. Somehow the bond section was left blank. The Clerk of Court notified jailers the charges had been dropped and the men were released. The sheriff's spokeswoman said the jail was following procedures.
The three suspects are back in custody.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge