|Published:||Sep 16, 2010 4:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was injured when a vehicle hit his motorcycle during a traffic stop near Tampa.
FHP reports that Trooper James Goethe had pulled over a car on Interstate 4 Wednesday morning when a truck hit the car and sent it into the trooper's motorcycle. Goethe was injured when he was knocked to the ground.
Goethe was taken to a Tampa hospital in stable condition. His injuries were not considered life-threatening.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school