|Published:||Sep 16, 2010 9:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2010 6:15 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - He may have called off his highly controversial plan to burn Qurans, but Terry Jones said he's not sorry for planning the event.
Jones said burning Qurans was meant as a protest against a proposed Islamic center and mosque near ground zero. Eventually, Jones changed his mind and went to New York instead.
Jones said an evangelical group has called on him to apologize, but he has nothing to apologize for.
"We have no conviction from God to repent, therefore, we have no intention and will not repent for standing up for the gospel. Our actions have revealed the radical nature of Islam."
Jones said churches have lost their guts to stand up for Christianity and for what's right.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.