|Published:||Sep 16, 2010 4:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2010 1:20 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Large tar balls are continuing to wash up along Pensacola Beach, even though oil has stopped flowing from BP's blown out Deep water Horizon well.
Beach resident Phyllis Neal told the Pensacola News Journal that she found hundreds of large tar balls on the beach and in the water behind her home.
BP has said it is still cleaning up hundreds of pounds of tar and oil washing on shore in the region.
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Collier County completes road widening project early