|Published:||Sep 16, 2010 4:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2010 1:20 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Large tar balls are continuing to wash up along Pensacola Beach, even though oil has stopped flowing from BP's blown out Deep water Horizon well.
Beach resident Phyllis Neal told the Pensacola News Journal that she found hundreds of large tar balls on the beach and in the water behind her home.
BP has said it is still cleaning up hundreds of pounds of tar and oil washing on shore in the region.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers