|Published:||Sep 16, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2010 1:41 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police say two West Palm Beach bank robbers who rode their motorcycle right into the lobby during their heist had an "inside man."
Or in this case, a woman - the bank's assistant manager, whose live-in boyfriend was one of the alleged robbers.
The Palm Beach Post reported Wednesday the three were arrested on federal bank robbery, conspiracy and carjacking charges. The latter offense allegedly occurred after the two bandits crashed their getaway bike.
Police initially thought a 24-year-old assistant bank manager received the brunt of the robbers' abuse. But she had no visible injuries, and was captured on security video allegedly leading the robbers to a drawer containing the most cash.
Police say the three confessed to the $140,000 robbery Monday, as well as a 2009 heist at the same bank and a third in Lantana.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme