|Published:||Sep 16, 2010 7:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2010 4:53 PM EDT|
QUINCY, Fla. (AP) - Fire officials say the cause of a house fire in rural north Florida that killed four adults was electrical.
Maj. Joseph Steadman with the State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire started in an air conditioning unit in a living room window, powered by an extension cord.
The medical examiner had not positively identified the victims Thursday. Steadman says early reports show the cause of death was smoke inhalation.
The four adult bodies were removed Wednesday from the burned out wood-frame home just north of Quincy near the Georgia border, about 25 miles northwest of Tallahassee. The blaze was reported shortly after 3 a.m.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school