|Published:||Sep 15, 2010 10:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 15, 2010 7:49 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. 24-year-old Jacksonville man is going to federal prison for 20 years in a "sexting" case.
The U.S. Attorneys Office said Anthony William Denham was sentenced for persuading a girl to use her cell phone to take and send to him sexually explicit photos of herself. In exchange, he gave the child prepaid minutes for her phone.
Prosecutors said Denham had contacted the girl through a social networking site and used one of the photos she sent to create a fake web page so he could impersonate a young girl online.
A jury had found Denham guilty in May of producing and receiving child pornography. He was sentenced Monday. When he gets out of prison, he'll serve probation for the rest of his life.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing