|Published:||Sep 15, 2010 4:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 15, 2010 1:03 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Some top administrators and professional staff members at Florida State College at Jacksonville are getting salary boosts, some as high as 30 percent.
The school's board of directors recently approved more than $300,000 in raises. The salary hikes follow a recent 8 percent tuition hike for students.
A school spokeswoman says the raises ensure that salaries are competitive with other institutions, such as Broward College and Daytona State College.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash