|Published:||Sep 15, 2010 3:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 15, 2010 12:59 PM EDT|
MICCO, Fla. (AP) - An Micco man who had recently lost his job was fatally shot by Brevard County deputies in what appears to be a suicide by cop.
The sheriff's office reports that deputies responded to a home Monday evening after a man called 911 and said he was armed with a pistol and planned to kill his family, himself and any officers responding to the call.
Officials say at least three deputies shot 43-year-old Eric Keith Bricker after he displayed what appeared to be a handgun. After the shooting, deputies determined it was actually a pellet gun designed to look like a firearm.
No deputies were injured.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash