|Published:||Sep 15, 2010 3:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 15, 2010 12:59 PM EDT|
MICCO, Fla. (AP) - An Micco man who had recently lost his job was fatally shot by Brevard County deputies in what appears to be a suicide by cop.
The sheriff's office reports that deputies responded to a home Monday evening after a man called 911 and said he was armed with a pistol and planned to kill his family, himself and any officers responding to the call.
Officials say at least three deputies shot 43-year-old Eric Keith Bricker after he displayed what appeared to be a handgun. After the shooting, deputies determined it was actually a pellet gun designed to look like a firearm.
No deputies were injured.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified