Published: Sep 15, 2010 5:47 AM EDT
Updated: Sep 15, 2010 8:47 AM EDT

More than 1.2 million Chuck E. Cheese light-up rings and toy eyeglasses are being recalled over concerns that
children might swallow the small battery inside the toys.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday the plastic on the toys can break, possibly exposing the button-type batteries inside. Ingestion could lead to stomach, intestine or esophagus problems or other damage.

The commission did not link the toys to any reported injuries. But the CPSC says two children were able to get to the battery in the light-up rings. One child swallowed it; the other child put the battery up his nose.

There were no reported incidents with the toy eyeglasses.