|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 3:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:31 PM EDT|
MADISON, Fla. (AP) - A man who had been driving on Interstate 10 in the Florida Panhandle reportedly killed himself during a traffic stop.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office reports that a deputy pulled the man over after receiving a report from the Florida Highway Patrol about a reckless driver. Before the deputy could make contact with the driver, he reportedly shot himself.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. He was not immediately identified by authorities.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft