|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 3:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:16 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man reportedly left his 17-month-old child locked inside a pickup truck while he went to a bar to drink.
Orlando police say a passer-by heard the child screaming early Saturday morning in the parking lot of Clicks Billiards. When officers arrived, the child was reportedly standing in the front passenger seat, screaming and crying.
When 33-year-old William Ferrer walked out of the bar a short time later, police say he told officers that he had just stopped at the bar for five minutes to say hello to a friend and didn't drink any alcohol. But witnesses told police that Ferrer was inside for more than a half hour and drank two beers.
Ferrer was arrested and charged with child neglect.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend