|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 3:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:24 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man has been charged with child abuse following the death of his son.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office reports that 30-year-old Keith Skinner was arrested Sunday after his 7-month-old son died at an Orlando hospital. The charge could be upgraded to murder pending autopsy results. He was being held without bail.
Deputies responded to reports of an injured infant at Skinner's home Sunday afternoon. The baby was rushed to the hospital, where he eventually died. Authorities interviewed both parents but would not release information about those interviews.
The Florida Department of Children and Families reports that a 7-year-old child also living in the home has been placed in foster care.
Skinner previously pleaded guilty to child abuse in 2004.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB