|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 3:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:30 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A male inmate faces a felony sexual battery charge for allegedly touching a female inmate inappropriately at the Alachua County Jail.
Cameras at the jail show 26-year-old Tyrone Detron Kirksey checking two cells at the jail before finding the woman. He's seen on video touching the woman, who was lying on a bench in a holding cell early Saturday morning.
Kirksey had been booked into jail for resisting arrest and now faces the additional sexual battery charge and a misdemeanor lewd and lascivious act charge. He remained in jail Monday on a total $102,500 bail. Jail records do not list an attorney for him.
It was unclear how Kirksey was able to gain access the woman's cell. Jail officials said the investigation was ongoing and could not comment further.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage