|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 7:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 4:58 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - St. Francis Xavier School Students celebrated National Anthem Day Tuesday.
The students dressed in red, white and blue and held a canned food drive for the Salvation Army.
They also held a school wide sing-a-long tribute of the "Star-Spangled Banner", written by Francis Scott Key during the war of 1812.
National Anthem Day commemorates the rich history behind its creation.
It became our national anthem on March 3, 1931.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption