|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 3:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:26 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer is apologizing to President Barack Obama for opposing his back-to-school speech last year.
Greer, who resigned in February after allegations of misspending party money, gained national attention last year after saying Obama's plans to address school children was an attempt to indoctrinate them to his socialist agenda.
Greer on Tuesday said he and his children look forward to this year's speech.
Greer said in a text message, "Many within the GOP have racist views and I apologize to the president for my opposition to his speech last year and my efforts to placate the extremists who dominate our party today."
Greer is facing theft and money laundering charges from his time at the party.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling