|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 3:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:32 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The man in charge of the Gulf oil spill claims process is speaking at the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association's fall board meeting in Orlando.
Ken Feinberg is expected to make an announcement at Tuesday's meeting at the Orange County Convention Center.
The trade group has expressed discontent over the claims process, saying "thousands of hoteliers and restaurateurs impacted by the BP oil spill have had their claims rejected, or have yet to receive any compensation" since the rig exploded April 20.
The association partnered with law firms last month to provide assistance and representation to hoteliers and restaurateurs. The group also hosted briefings on the claims process with attorneys.
Feinberg was planning to speak at 1:30 p.m.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman