|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 5:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:40 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter is getting three new attorneys to handle her criminal and civil cases.
Casey Anthony's lead attorneys said Tuesday that Dorothy Clay Sims, Ann Finnell and Charles Green have joined the defense team already led by Jose Baez and Cheney Mason.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Sims specializes in
cross-examining medical expert witnesses. Finnell will serve as a death-penalty expert, and Green will handle a civil lawsuit against Anthony.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, about six months after the mother said she last saw her alive.
Anthony's trial is scheduled to start in May.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba