|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 5:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 12:40 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter is getting three new attorneys to handle her criminal and civil cases.
Casey Anthony's lead attorneys said Tuesday that Dorothy Clay Sims, Ann Finnell and Charles Green have joined the defense team already led by Jose Baez and Cheney Mason.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Sims specializes in
cross-examining medical expert witnesses. Finnell will serve as a death-penalty expert, and Green will handle a civil lawsuit against Anthony.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, about six months after the mother said she last saw her alive.
Anthony's trial is scheduled to start in May.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys