|Published:||Sep 14, 2010 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2010 1:42 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - An 87-year-old Miami man has been charged with first-degree murder after police say he shot a girlfriend he suspected of being unfaithful.
Police say Juan Adolfo Gonzalez had been planning Friday's shooting for several months, and that he stalked 84-year-old Celida Hernandez daily. He took a taxi to her apartment Friday and waited until a bus dropped her off from the senior's dining hall. Authorities say he shot her twice in her apartment, then shot himself.
Police say Gonzalez admitted to the shooting. He was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break