|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:02 PM EDT|
LIVE OAK, Fla. (AP) - A Suwannee County man died in a fire that destroyed his home.
Officials say 54-year-old Franklyn Burt Taylor was dead at the scene when firefighters arrived at his home early Thursday morning.
Officials say the fire likely began near a chair in the living room. It's possible that a lit cigarette started the blaze.
Taylor's body was taken to the medical examiner's office in Jacksonville for an autopsy.
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- Investigators say mom is to blame for son's drowning death
- Supreme Court OKs new lethal injection procedure
- 3 Jupiter boys injured in gas explosion
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire